If you've ever heard Phil Vassar's "Just Another Day In Paradise" song, that sums our life up here! Its Mozambique--its a third world country; nothing goes as planned, the boxed milk sours, electrical appliances never work... But it is Paradise and we love it!

"Its just another day in paradise. Well, there's no place that I'd rather be. Well, its two hearts and one dream, I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I ask the Lord everynight, for just another day in paradise!" (Phil Vassar)





Thursday, September 23, 2010

In Pemba, its all about quality...

One suprise we had waiting for us when we got back from the states were new toilet seats! Sounds exciting, yes?

The ones that were in the house when we moved in were cheap, thin, broken, plastic toilet seats that didn't even match the shape of the toilet bowl.
Jacques, one of Alan's friends and the construction manager working on the house said that he'd get proper toilet seats for us; quality wooden ones.

And here they are...



When we arrived we thought, surely this is a joke, since Jacques and Alan are really good friends...

But since then we've realized it wasn't a joke, as they seem to be the only wooden toilet seats one can buy around here. Had we known while we were in the states I could have bought some shower curtains to go with them, because they are here to stay! We have two of the gymnastic goldfish seats and one of the water tornado seats--aren't you jealous?


But wait, there's more: Two of the three are already broken!

1 comment:

  1. SERIOSULY. JEALOUS. That is the coolest shizzle EVER. I need your address STAT as my mission to find matching curtains is underway. Love it!

    ReplyDelete